Photos from Japan by Max Hartshorne
There’s No Place Like Japan
Japan deserves its rightful place on any traveler’s bucket list. That’s because there is simply no other place like it on Earth. I recently visited Tokyo and then swung north on the famous Shinkansen high speed bullet trains, through dozens of miles of tunnels, to the north of the country’s main island, and we toured around to many temples, shrines, interesting museums and food shops.
From the delicate and precise arrangement of sand in a temple, to the way the seafood is presented, to the orderly way so many people live in harmony, Japan presents a modern day miracle in some ways, and many sites harken back to their long history of Shoguns and emperors.
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- Japan: A Bullet Train Journey to Hokuriku - January 20, 2017
- New Gadgets for Travelers in a New Year - January 19, 2017
- Where We Went in 2016: Around the World - December 23, 2016
- New Ways to Make Single Traveling Easier - December 20, 2016
- Cool Tools and Useful New Products for Travelers - December 13, 2016