10 Essential Things for My Quarantine Lifestyle
10 Things I Can’t Live Without Quarantine Edition
By Veronica Moore
Many of us are still trying to navigate our way through quarantine. It is more difficult than I imagined because navigating in a literal sense is a skill many travelers adopt early on in their adventures. This is our most challenging one yet: The Staying in Place.
That being said, there are some things that I cannot live without. Some have to do with comfort and some have to do with functionality, some are both.
The Crucial Electric Tea Kettle
Whether I want tea or French Press, this kettle is crucial to my morning routine. The boiling water is the first step to a productive morning. This Kettle helps me enjoy my morning zen with those couple extra minutes of peace I get with the speediness of this kettle.
The Tea Kettle is made with great quality glass which resists scratching and scuffing, no plastics touch the boiling water inside including the lid, unlike other kettles use plastic for the inner lid(the filter is made of stainless steel and 100% BPA-free plastic) so there is no chance of coming in contact with microplastics while enjoying your morning routine.
It auto shuts off which is nice so that you can multitask as I feel everyone does in the morning. The electric kettle also has a quick boil feature so depending on the amount of water you put in, it can boil in 3-7 minutes. And it is cleaner, safer and more sanitary than using your microwave or a traditional kettle. For me, it is a perfect companion for morning coffee, afternoon tea, or oatmeal, evening pasta, and much more.
Twining’s Teas: The Perfect Spot
At least once a day, I sit down for a cup of tea. This started a few years ago when I got a variety pack of Twining’s Teas. Now I am in the habit of having a spot of tea whenever I am, usually Lady Grey the partner of Earl Grey.
I like to buy the variety pack because it has both herbal and decaf options for tea time at any time. All of their teas are 100% natural so I feel comfortable knowing what I am drinking. Also, this pack contains 50 different types of teas for every mood, to spice up any quarantined day.
Twinings Teas are made with Fairtrade ingredients in order to further sustain small village or town communities. By having a morning tea, I can feel like I am doing my part. I also found myself buying this as a gift for my other tea-loving people in my life.
HP 3500 Laptop, an Extension of Me
My laptop is an extension of my person during the quarantine. It is the way of communication for work, interning, and classwork. I would recommend my laptop simply because of its versatility. It is the thing I watch movies on, type papers, and write articles.
It has a 15.6 in HD touchscreen and it is compatible with the HP pen for taking notes or using it as a notebook, making your commute that much lighter. It has great sound from dual speakers and can connect to other Bluetooth devices like Airpods or other wireless devices such as a mouse.
With two USB drive ports, an SD card reader, and a headphone/microphone jack, I am able to accomplish anything that has to do with photos or editing right from my laptop. It does not have a DVD port however most of what needs to be viewed can be found on any number of streaming services.
The keyboard is backlit perfect for working in bed which I feel a lot of us are doing these days. The Wide Vision webcam has great quality for all those ZOOM meetings so make sure to put on your best shirt, pajama pants preferred.
2020 Planner, to Keep the Days Organized
During these times it is hard for many of us to keep track of all of the things passing by. Keeping track of events and online classes whether degree or work-related are important, so I use my 2020 planner to plan my current zooms
Large planner covers 12 months, January 2020 – December 2020. Pages measure 9″ x 11″, a perfect size for your briefcase or at your desk. Soft leather cover, Easy to curl and store, add a touch of modern professionalism chic dark blue color to your daily routine. Gold durable Wire-O binding allowing lay-flat orientation to create a lasting planner.
Each monthly spread contains an overview of the month, durable coated tabbed dividers are long-lasting. 6 months reference calendars on monthly view pages for long term planning to fit for your busy lifestyle. The daily spread includes space (1.57 * 1.97 Inch Blank Box) to write down your daily schedule or your daily memo.
2020 monthly planner uses bright white paper which is thicker than normal, designed to avoid ink through and feathering. Suitable for most pens, but the wettest fountain pen inks. Archival-quality pages made from acid-free paper, resistant from damage by light and air.
My Favorite Poppin Pens
I feel like everyone has a favorite writing utensil. Mine is a Poppin pen. The Popping brand makes all kinds of office supplies, but their gel pens are my favorite. They are clean looking and especially pleasing to write with. I use them anywhere from writing a letter to a pen pal to deliberating in my planner.
- Luxe Gel Ink Is A Game Changer
- Retractable And Always On Point
- 1.0mm Pen Point Size
- Black Ink
- Designed By Poppin In New York City
Poppin Pens set 17.49
Midday Walks with My Apple Airpods
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers a faster wireless connection to your devices
- Charges quickly in the case
- The case can be charged using the Lightning connector
- Rich, high-quality audio and voice
- Seamless switching between devices
- Listen and talk all day with multiple charges from the Charging Case
Apple original earpods 139.00
LUSH face products
These cosmetics have been crucial to my adaption to a quarantine lifestyle. I use almost their whole line of solid facewashes, body washes, and face masks to keep a self-care routine as well as acknowledge that these times can be hard on a person’s self-esteem.
All of LUSH’s products are all-natural, made by human beings, and not tested on animals. All of their casings are sustainably sourced paper or reusable metal tins for traveling.
All of their liquid products come in a recycled container that can be then returned to the store and recycled again in order to dismiss high pollution rates.
OOTD- Outfit of the day. Many of the days. Sweats are not pajamas and that is what I have told myself many a time in the past month. These sweats are chic and make me feel like I could go out in public if that was possible. Even after quarantine, this will be a staple.
- French Terry
- Embroidered F Box patch logo or Fila multicolored logo
- Solid rib collar
- Striped rib cuffs and bottom
- Machine wash with like colors
- French Terry
- Fila F Box patch at wearer’s left hip
- Angled front pockets and back wearer’s left pocket
- Rib waistband with outside drawcord and rib bottom cuffs
- Machine wash with like colors
Swell water bottle: Hydration is Key
Keeping hydrated is a hard thing to do while focusing on whatever is at hand can be challenging, but my swell bottle is sleek and can fit with me no matter what room of the house I am in. It keeps my water cool and gives easy access without worrying about the safety of my electronics.
For every S’well bottle purchased through April 2020, S’well will donate an additional bottle to healthcare professionals on the frontline of the pandemic. In a sophisticated goes-with-everything black, this take-anywhere bottle features a luxe soft-touch texture that’s easy to hold mid-workout or for sipping on the go.
- Vacuum Insulated – triple-layered construction, designed to keep beverages cold for 24 hours or hot for 12.
- Superior Construction – High-Grade 18/8 Stainless Steel. BPA-free and reusable. Hand-wash only. Accessories sold separately.
- 17oz emulates a standard size water bottle and is perfect for staying hydrated at the gym or on-the-go.
Swell Water Bottles 35.00
Oster Blender for a Healthy Acai Bowl
My blender is my best friend. I make myself an acai bowl at least twice a week. It saves money rather than going out and purchasing a bowl and it also is more practical now that most acai and yogurt places have shut their doors in order to avoid financial hardship during this crisis.
- 700 power watts/450 blending watts
- Crush Pro 4 Blade uses stainless steel, 4-point design to pulverize and chop with precision
- Oster 10 Year DURALAST All-Metal Drive Limited Warranty for lasting durability
- 10 Speeds from PULSE to PUREE
- 5-Cup Boroclass Glass Jar is dishwasher safe for an easy cleanup
- The 2-ounce filler cap has built-in markings to measure and pour ingredients while blending
Oster Blender 39.99
- Powerful antioxidants from Acai Berry and Acerola Cherry.
- Natural caffeine from Yerba Mate, Green Tea, and Guarana.
- Same caffeine as 2 shots of organic espresso.
- Made with organic and GMO-free ingredients sustainably sourced in the Brazilian Amazon.
- Gives you a boost the way nature intended