Travel Gadgets and Gear for Summer Fun
Grill Grate Scraper Keeps the Grill Clean
Instead of a traditional wire brush, this grill cleaner is shaped with sharp edges to clean your grill surface without leaving bristles. It also comes with a steel handle so you can clean grills much more easily. This really works a lot better than wire brushes.
Safe Brass Barbeque Grill Cleaner – $18.81, includes long metal handle.
Make it Smell Nice
Alio fragrance sticks. Make your hotel room or any stinky Airbnb smell nice with these sticks that scent the air. I tested this device right next to my stove, it attracted a lot of dust and particles from cooking, so I’d say it probably made the room smell a little better. Your results may vary. Alio fragrance sticks
Pamu Wireless Ear Buds–The Best!
Wireless headphones used to come with an annoying charging cable, and it was hard to keep track of them.
These nifty little earbuds by Pamu charge in their own little case, so they are ready to use when you need them.
The only thing that I question is that they use a USB C plug, as opposed to the standard mini-USB found on many other devices. But the sound quality is top-notch and the price is low compared with their white competitors made by Apple. website
Sand-Free Towel from Down Under
The Tesalate Towel was born on Bondi Beach near Sydney Australia…and is a thin, handsome looking towel, unlike anything we’ve tested.
- The beach towel size is 63″ x 31″.Made of soft microfiber material, eco-friendly, no faded and no smell. Dries three times faster than a normal cotton towel!
- Ultra-absorbent and sand-free: The beach towel is characterized by quick-drying, strong water absorption, antibacterial, no sand, and lightweight.
- No more soggy wet towels to put back into your bag. Great backpacking gear and towels. Colorful choices for you to choose from whether is striped or a pink beach towel. Sand Proof Microfiber Beach Towels – Quick Fast Dry Beach Towel $18.99
Remember Where Your Tent Is with Breadcrumb
Let’s say you’re camping in a remote location, and want to go out for a while. This device is a beacon that will lead you right back to where you need to go. If you’re a hunter or just want to remember a place in the woods, this device marks the spot and lets you find it with your smartphone.
It has five bright LED lights, makes a racket so you can find it, and is weather resistant. Cool, and one of these things that when you need it, you REALLY need it! BREADCRUMB Mini Portable Bluetooth Location Marker $39.99
Sleep yourself to Sleep with SleepPhones
- SleepPhones are the first and most comfortable headphones for sleeping
- Engineered & Designed for Comfort. The high-quality, ultra-thin flat headphone speakers are comfortable enough to wear while lying down or sleeping on your side. The sturdy 48-inch braided cord easily connects to any device with a 3.5mm headphone port.
- Soft, Machine Washable Fabric. The headband is breathable, hypoallergenic, and luxurious. It doubles as an eye mask and is machine washable thanks to removable speakers.
- Choose Your Size, Fabric, And Color. SleepPhones come in S, M, L. Size Medium, M, is the most common size that fits most people. SleepPhones are available in two types of fabric: warm, soft FLEECE fabric and lightweight, moisture-wicking fabric.
The Geekey Multi-tool offers a variety of different tools in one little piece of steel about the size of a car key. Wire stripper, metric wrench, Philips screwdriver, bottle opener, even a bike spoke key wire bender. And on the other side a tiny measuring stick and a protractor and the world’s tiniest smoking bowl, if you’re really in a pinch! Whole lotta stuff on there. Geekey Multi-Tool $22.00
A Classy Traveler’s Backpack from Acme Made, San Francisco
- Easy to access zipper pulls
- Front flap pocket provides quick access to small essentials with aluminum hooks for quick, silent and secure closure.
- Three exterior front pockets – top pocket is plush lined for glasses or cellphone.
- Dedicated padded and quilted laptop pocket with suspension. Fits most 17″ laptops
- Padded tablet pocket holds most 10″ devices – attached to laptop panel
Control this Lantern with your Phone
This lantern is larger and much brighter than it looks, it’s about three inches diagonally, and can light up a room, or charge more than one device. You control it all using a cellphone application program that’s free from the Apple or Google Play stores.
Using the app you can control on/off, strobe, dimming, color, multiple devices, sleep timers, and smart proximity settings. 350 Lumens and light modes. The Cairn XL offers powerful lighting that will brighten up any campsite. It can strobe, change color, and dim.
- 10K MAH + Fast charging. The Cairn XL doubles as a power bank capable of charging your mobile devices up to four times. The fast-charging technology charges your devices quickly.
- Waterproof: Cairn is IP65 rated, making it waterproof and dustproof. You’ll be lit up, even in the rain! Lander – Cairn XL Lantern $99.00
Use Pushpins to Celebrate Your Travels with this World Map
Geojango’s maps are the perfect wall adornment for all GoNOMAD Travelers. Mark those places you visited long ago, or just yesterday with the pushpins that come with this nicely designed, clean three-foot wide map. We’ve already got one hanging in the GoNOMAD World Headquarters in South Deerfield MA, and we think it’s fun to mark your trips and keep on putting up more pushpins until you’ve seen it all. Until then, read all of our new travel stories. Maps of the US, the World, and of the US National Parks are all available and come framed and ready to put up on the wall.
Don’t Travel with a Dirty Ring, use Ringo
This little circular container comes with liquid that’s ready to clean your ring, as it pushes against small brushes. For those who like to adorn themselves while they travel, why not keep the bling clean and sanitary? Restores shine to gold, diamond, platinum jewelry and precious stone rings. Simply open the jar, place your ring on the prongs, and rotate the lid. Easy Peasy.
Max Hartshorne has been the editor and publisher of GoNOMAD Travel in South Deerfield Mass since 2002. He worked for newspapers and other sales positions for 23 years until he finally got what he wanted and became the editor at GoNOMAD. He travels regularly, enjoys publishing new writers, and does exactly what he wants to do every day.