GoNOMAD Announces the Top Ten Travel Stories of 2012
SOUTH DEERFIELD, MA--GoNOMAD.com, the travel website based in South Deerfield Massachusetts, has selected the top ten travel stories for 2012. The website, founded in 2000, published hundreds of travel articles last year and only the very best made it to the top ten list.
Editor Max Hartshorne said that the choices were tough again this year, since so many great stories were submitted. The selection process takes into account many elements including the quality of the descriptions, the uniqueness of the destination, the imagery of the writing and the excellence of the photography.
“Travel photos are such a key part of what GoNOMAD offers, a big part of our decisions about the top ten come down to the images, how well the writer conveys the places they are writing about. Once again we’re thrilled to be able to publish such great writing and that we continue to attract top notch writers who want to be a part of our site.”
Below are the Top Ten Best Travel Stories from GoNOMAD for 2012.
1. Enjoying the Slow Life and Tea in Darjeeling, India by Shelley Seale
2. Tasting Tarquinia: An Italy Unknown By R.Daniel Foster
3. Morocco’s Essential Oil by Stephanie Haigh
4. Navigating a Hypercity: San Paulo by Mary Jo McConahay
5. Beverly Hills California, for the Rest of Us By Malea Ritz
6. Birding in the Falkland Islands By Rachel Dickinson
7. Become a Shepherd for a Few Days in Puglia, Italy by Elle Rahilly
8. People to People Brings Travelers into Homes in Nassau Bahamas by Will McGough
9. My One-Night Stand with Shakespeare in Paris by Jennifer Coburn
10. Crossing Argentina by Bus, Truck, Ferry and Train by John Dennehy
Staff Top Ten Stories.
The stories below are our 2012 choices for this staff writer’s best story of the year
Visiting Berlin is Balm for the Soulby Sonja Stark
Antigua’s Sailing Week Regatta by Kent St. John
Sleeping in the Trees of England by Malea Ritz
Climbing Trees in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom by Max Hartshorne
Estonia: A New Birth of Freedom in an Ancient Land by Stephen Hartshorne
Burgenland: Wining and Dining on the Sunny Side of Austria by Paul Shoul
Trekking to the Everest Base Camp in Nepal Mridula Dwivedi