Faces of Germany – Photos by Stephen Hartshorne
|Faces of Germany|
Photos by Stephen Hartshorne
Mimes in Frankfurt
Contest of the minstrels, Wartburg Castle
Sculpture in the town hall in Mainz
Gutenburg Museum, Mainz
Saint Alban of Mainz was beheaded by the Vandals, but walked with his head in his hands to the place where he wanted to be buried.
Rooftop sculpture, Mainz
Nina Schneider portrays Rose Dorothy, second mistress of Landgrave William of Hanau, lord of Philippsruhe Castle in Hanau
Back to Stephen Hartshorne’s story about Luther Country
Read more GoNOMAD stories about Germany
The following two tabs change content below.
Stephen Hartshorne is the former associate editor of GoNOMAD.com. He writes a blog called ArmchairTravel about books he finds at flea markets and rummage sales. He teaches in local public schools in the Pioneer Valley and lives in Sunderland, Mass.
Latest posts by Stephen Hartshorne (see all)
- Syracuse: Downtown Revitalization in the Salt City - December 7, 2016
- Faces of Germany - October 19, 2016
- Quebec’s New France Festival - March 4, 2016
- Toronto: Two Great Hotels in the City’s Heart - December 17, 2015
- Canada: Saskatoon, a Prairie Boomtown - August 24, 2015