Travel Insurance: Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Do I need Travel Insurance?
- Believe us, when you travel, things can – and do – go wrong when you least expect it. Adequate travel insurance helps to protect you (and your bank balance). If you’re still not sure, read this.
- Who can buy it?
World Nomads Travel Insurance is available to residents of over 150 countries.
- Had a change of travel plans? Unlike other policies, World Nomads is flexible and allows you to extend your policy while you are still travelling.
- What activities are covered?
World Nomads cover most adventure sports from bungee jumping in New Zealand to white-water rafting in Colorado.
- You can only buy World Nomads policies online using a credit card. To start, please choose your country of residence.
- How do I make a claim?
With World Nomads Travel Insurance you can claim online even if you are still travelling. And if you don’t entirely trust insurance companies, have a look at how World Nomads have helped some of their travellers.
Why buy WorldNomads.com Travel Insurance?
Our preferred travel insurance partner, WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely. They cover residents from over 150 countries and you can buy, extend and claim, even while travelling. Here are some reasons to buy travel insurance with World Nomads:
- Save money
By focussing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, WorldNomads.com prices are some of the most competitive online. With travel insurance that’s made for independent and adventurous travellers, their insurance includes what’s important: overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and cover for a range of adventure sports.
- Stay flexible
Did you leave home without insurance ? Had a change of plans or your cover has expired? With WorldNomads.com, you can buy travel insurance, extend your policy or claim online, 24/7, even while travelling.
- Be adventurous
From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- Get help when you need it most
WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Stay safe on the road
All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the WorldNomads.com Travel Safety Hub.
- Flirt in 25 languages and stay in touch
Get all the best phrases in the local lingo with WorldNomads.com’s series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides. They’ll help you stay in touch with family and friends with a free travel blog.
- Make a difference when you travel
When you buy a policy from WorldNomads.com you can help make a difference to developing communities. Your small donation helps fund local projects through the WorldNomads.com Footprints program.
- Save money
What if I change my mind?
How do I buy it?
Latest posts by GoNomad (see all)
- Biking Across Scandinavia from Russia - May 24, 2017
- Iceland: Save Money By Camping - May 24, 2017
- Tips on How To Freedom Camp in New Zealand - May 22, 2017
- Togo: Visiting Fetish Healers at the Market in Lome - May 17, 2017
- Figueres, Spain, Where Salvador Dali Once Lived - May 16, 2017